The roulette is one of the most celebrated gambling games of all times. It started in France during the eighteenth century and has been popular ever since. From France, it spread throughout Europe and America. Roulette is a tremendously easy and exciting game which makes it a favorite among casino players, whether it’s a brick and motar casino or a virtual one on the internet. There are two versions of the game, namely European and American. Both are slightly different compared to each other, but the rules are fundamentally the same. The European roulette uses a single zero wheel, and Americans use the double zero wheel. Fundamentally, roulette is nothing more than a game of chance. Though there are roulette strategies that exist to predict the outcome of the game, but most of the time, luck plays the major part.
Regarding the Game of Roulette
Usually, The roulette game is a staple game in casinos. Six to eight people can fill a table. The game does not require the players to have any card skill unlike poker, although the risks are virtually the same. A roulette player can win thousands of dollars in a single round, but the reverse can happen anytime as well.
Roulette basically means “small wheel” in French which is the primary focus of the game. It’s a wheel with a tilted circular track and colored numbered pockets outline its circumference. When the game begins, the dealer spins the wheel at one direction and the ball on another. The main goal of the game is to bet on the right number where the ball will land in at the end of the spin. Adjacent to the wheel is a layout of the numbers on the wheel where players can place their bets. Players can decide on their bets until the dealer signals “no more bets” and spins the wheel.
The player can bet on a number, group of numbers, color of the roulette wheel, and odd or even. Bets are split into inside or outside bets. Inside bets involve numbers while outside bets include groups of numbers, red or black, odd or even numbers.
1. Straight up – Bet on a single number. Chips are placed squarely on a number.
2. Split – Any bet on any two numbers next to each other. Chips are placed on the line between them either horizontally or vertically.
3. Street – Bet on any three numbers on a single line. Chips are placed at the edge of last number on the line.
4. Corner – Bet on any four numbers within in square layout. The chips are placed on the intersection between the four numbers.
5. Six line – Bet on two streets next to each other. Chips are placed in the intersection.
6. Trio – Bet on 0, 1, 2 or 0, 2, 3. The chips are placed at their intersecting points.
1. 1 to 18 – Bet on any number on the first low eighteen.
2. 19 to 36 – Bet on any number in the last high eighteen.
3. Red or Black – Bet on any color on the wheel.
4. Odd or even – Bet on an even or odd number.
5. Dozen bets – Bet on either the first, second or third setoff twelve numbers.
6. Column bets – A bet on twelve numbers at any of the vertical lines.